Let’s Get Digital!
In honour of International Girls in ICT Day 2017, the Digital Leadership Institute and its partners organised the second annual Girl Tech Fest Brussels 2017, a volunteer-run event with over 100 activities reaching 250 participants from across Brussels, encouraging girls toward study and career paths in ESTEAM: STEM plus Entrepreneurship and Arts!
With 25 workshops and a dozen “Digital Muse Lab” activities, the Girl Tech Fest took tons of effort and dedication from a lot of people to make happen! We would like to thank everybody who contributed:
- European Commissioner for Justice, Ms. Vera Jourová who had a special message for GTF participants!
- Our wonderful partners — Amazon Web Services, IBM, Dell EMC, Cisco and Salesforce — for helping us in countless ways to make the event a reality!
- All the amazing volunteers — Alma Radio, Hack4Kids, Ludilab, Hexalina, Women Mentor Association, Nightwave, DJ Sand, et al. — who donated their time, knowledge and a sheer physical presence to assure the girls that there is a place for them in our digital present and future!
- The speakers and their stories of ambition, perspiration and inspiration: Nadia Aimé, Gaby Juric, Pascale Van Damme (Dell EMC Belux), Simone Hume (AWS) and even Pepper (c/o IBM, Kronos Groep & Craftwerkz)! 😉
- The European School IV of Brussels (EEB4), without whose enthusiastic collaboration and massive behind-the-scenes support, the Girl Tech Fest would not have been possible!
Our event got some attention! Find out who was impressed right here!
- The Girl Tech Fest was featured in the Saturday evening news on BX1 television
- The GTF social media team created massive coverage at the #girltechfest hashtag
- Our #girlpower video via Stefanie/Hack4Kids got some traction too
- And here is Cheryl Miller (DLI Founder)’s blogpost for the European Commission in celebration of Girls in ICT Day
To help us improve Girl Tech Fest for the next time, please share your feedback here:
Thank you, and see you all again next year!