Ever dreamed of a ring that can read your text messages out loud? Or a dress that lights up when your pet snake escapes? On Wednesday, 21 January 2015 – in collaboration with GE Garages Brussels – Digital Muse hosted a half-day workshop for 6-16 year old girls on the “Future of Fashion.” At this workshop, fifty girls learned about cutting-edge tech in 3D printing, electronics and textiles which inspired them to stop dreaming about the future of fashion and start inventing it!
- 13:30-14:00: Registration
- 14:00-14:10: Welcome Words GE & DLI
- 14:10-14:20: Chat with Manon Van Hoorebeke, 2014 European Digital Girl of the Year (BE – 11 years old)
- 14:20-14:40: Digital Muse Talk by Ms. Katrien Herdewyn, PhD in Physics at KUL & Student in Shoe Design at the Academy of Fine Arts, Sint-Niklaas (SASK)
- 14:40-16:30: Digital Fashion Workshops by Ms. Rosanna Kurrer/DLI & Mr. Chris Savage/ICON:Live!
- 16:30-17:00: Project Presentations & Closing
Follow the g-Hive calendar for more activities giving girls the skills and confidence to design and build our digital future!